News & Events
2014 Guatemala GV Trip Registration
We would like to thank everyone who attended the Global Village orientation in January as that meeting has helped us to better understand the interests of our community members for global outreach. We have received approval from Habitat International and Habitat Guatemala for our Global Village trip!! Please see the details below. If you are interested in joining the 2014 Guatemala team, please email Crystal McClung at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to schedule your phone interview as there is only space for 18 team members. Please click the links below for additional trip information. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Location: San Marcos, Guatemala
Date: Saturday, October 4, 2014 through Sunday, October 12, 2014 (10/4-10/12)
Cost: $2,140 per person (DOES INCLUDE AIRFARE to be arranged by HFHYC)
Age Requirement: 16 and older (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Must be able to attend all 3 team meetings from 6:00-7:30pm on April 28th (4/28), June 9th (6/9) and September 8th (9/8)
- Must have a valid passport that does not expire before May 2015
- Must be willing to complete a phone interview within 2 weeks from today.
- Must submit a $250 non-refundable trip deposit within one week of receiving invitation to be a team member.
Deadline to Apply for 2014 Trip is Friday, April 4, 2014
Click the links for additional info:
Building in Guatemala
San Marcos Information
Habitat Guatemala 2014 Itinerary
E-mail email@example.com to register
Registration is required**
Local Homeowner Featured in Habitat World Magazine!
Shenita hart, a local Habitat Homeowner, is featured in the January issue of Habitat World Magazine!
Click the picture above or the following link to read the article! Habitat World Jan 2014_Shenita Hart
Work Site Photo Albums
View our work site photo albums by Dave Zaken: Click here for photos!
Volunteer Orientation: 2nd Thursday at 7:00pm
Monthly Volunteer Orientations for NEW volunteers are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 7:00pm – 8:00pm at the HFHYC office: 825 N Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC
- April 10, 2014
- May 8, 2014
- June 12, 2014
What you will learn
- The mission and history of Habitat for Humanity Internationally and locally
- Accomplishments since 1988 and goals looking forward
- Types of volunteer opportunities (construction, committees, clerical, etc.)
- Process for volunteering and volunteer expectations
Goals of orientation
- Build a relationship with volunteers interested in serving our community
- Learn about the general and personal interests of our volunteers
- To provide general knowledge about Habitat and our local affiliate
- Share volunteer opportunity types, process and expectations
- To answer any questions that potential volunteers may have about Habitat and the mission of HFHYC
To register online for the volunteer orientation, visit: http://www.volunteerup.com/ProjectCal.Asp?o=153
For questions, please contact 803.328.1728 or firstname.lastname@example.org